Tuesday, June 2, 2009

colours...


you can't just judge me with just one glance
just because my colour is brown
it doesn't define who i am
this is not the only colour you will see
so why should you judge me by my colour?

colour is skin deep
to love me is to know me
so please don't judge me because of this
without colours, there's no harmony
just like without melody, there's no music
without a soul, it'll be cold
just like without parents, there won't be you
being in a mixed parentage has tought me alot
although i might not have the same colour
but i know more than you'll ever learn
just like how i know you've been judging me
i don't need to be call names because of my colour
because one day it might just be you

i may be white, i may be black
i am both colours in between
i can be a hero, i can be a loser
i am yearning for a name
i am hymn, i am heard
i am reasons without ryhmes
i am no one yet i am many
i am seasoned by each being
i am a student, i am a leader
i am fate and evolution

so do what you want
say what you can...
words can't slow me down
from doing what is meant for me...
by, Shahila Johan
cheers
<3

No comments: