Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the music of my heart....

well.....exams is so near...and i know i should be studying...and i am...writting this blog is like a stress release for me, i can let anything out, i mean.....im having this really bad sore throat, flu -feverish and cough..but despite all that, i still manage to write something up.

u know the feeling when somebody's writting poem or a song..it makes u wanna write as well....but u just got no inspiration at all???
yea..i got that problem..but then again...one of my dear friend (thanks Joe) told me to just fantasize and just write something..it doesn't have to be reality or anything...but when you dream of something but just have to imagine and everything will come in place...
well, that's what i've been doing and still can't get the idea...so what i did is that i write something that i like most in my life (other than my family and my friends), MUSIC. it's kinda hard but i think i pulled it off somehow...

it might not sound good or anything....i mean...this is my 1st attempt after 3-4 years of not writting (darn i feel old)... so bear in mind that this might not be as good as all those professional writter that's been writting their whole life..i mean, i'm not a writter.... im just a low life chef-in-the-making, freelance performer who needs a job to support my future... :)

ok..so here goes.... the title of my poem-song is called 'the music of my heart'....
yea i know it sounds like N'sync and Gloria Estefan's song from the movie with the same name as well.....darn... ok ok.... move on with the main part of this post.........

The melody of my soul
The song that keeps me away from the dark
The fire that kept me away from cold
The masterpiece and work of art
The lyric that I long to hear
The things that completes before I start
The symphony that calms my fear
That’s the music of my heart

Being so good to hear the song I could hardly stand it
Everything goes like planned and hold that thought while I get candid

Like a beautiful guitar strum the cord of mercy
Breathe life into me, restore my soul completely
I’m out of tune at some parts; I have some string need of mending
I know I can do better, for you can help me sing

Write a tune upon my heart
The instruments will never be apart
I’m captivated and my heart elated
Everything in this world will not be tormented
Every single line’s full of love divine
Write to me like a valentine

With the tune my heart won’t sigh
With the sound my heart won’t cry
With the cord that knows where the road goes
With the words that make your love grows

The song that’s being written
Is all about the journey that I’ve learned
Being truth to yourself and being grateful
For all the things that’s been done and being thankful

And I think it’s telling me it might be you
And that I should just be with you
And listen to the music that’s being played again
The unfamiliar strain from way back when
And while the song still brings that certain glow
And the words still sing of love I know
Every note and every line
It's always been a favourite song of mine


yea..i know it sounds cheesy and all... and it's not like the one i wrote a few years ago but..... i did my best and i hope you like it...

cheers
Shahila Johan
<3

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. That's so beautiful dear. Love the lyrics you wrote there. I can imagine that being turned into a song someday. Your writing, as far as I'm concerned, is not bad at all. It's wonderful. ^^

Shahila Johan said...

thank u thank u..
u make me feel a lil' better now..huhuhuuu
^_^

Anonymous said...

babe!i think its totally awesome!brilliant!

LeensZakie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You should always write with your heart dear. You can be creative. That was really good writting.

Shahila Johan said...

awww thanks Laura and Shing Ching...
appreciate it!

<3