Monday, December 29, 2008

time for a splendid 2009!

as everyone may know by now, 2008 is now a history year to be told and most of us might be still wondering what have we done of this passed year... and i personally have my own ups and downs, but i think my ups is always more than my downs, so i have to say that 2008 has been an awesome year for me.

this year i have did a few things that i can't imagine that i would do it. i changed my hair style after 5 years, finally conquered my fear of microphones, performed after stopped for a few years, have more confidence with my body, love my family more, taken things with positive attitude, toured around Malaysia with some really talented bunch, meeting new talented-honest-lovely individuals, actually listen before making decisions, finally making my family (mainly my dad) proud of me, learning new stuff, be more patient, making my dreams come true one step at a time, use less plastic bags, care more on the inviroments, feelng good about myself, support local music, love my country more, took out my braces, financially stable to shop around (-_-) and alot more that i could never think of!

well.... as usual, early in every year, we have our own 'to-do' list just to see what did we accomplished by the end of the years right? i have my own little list i think.. :P when i looked back what i did in 2008, i have accomplished most of my goals and for that, i so pleased of myself. i feel good of myself.

and yet...in all my ups, there's also some downs that had happened which one of it includes losing a dear friend, missing a few gigs and of course the ever so famous 'break up'. i should've been kicking and screaming by all this down moments but i didn't, surprisingly i didn't do anything that would hurt myself during this miserable voyage of tragedies. i mean, i would if i wanna but i choose not to just simply because i know, there's always a reason behind it. because of that, i don't complain much about all this to anyone. i rather think positive and continue with my life like what i'm doing right now. :P

i've met many types of people this year and got to learn so much from them. they teach me to Feel, Enjoy, Stay Calm, Happiness, Truth, Believe, Faith and of cause how can i deny LOVE...and for that, i wanna thank everyone for making me a better person. you have indeed touched me in your own individual special ways.

as for year 2009, i just hope that the greatness that's been happening for all this while doesn't end. i love the fact that i can still cope with this enviroment. i wouldn't ask anything else but to be a better person that i can be. we're getting a year older every year and i think that i can still have fun while being a little bit mature at times. because in all 'drama', they are all the ways that God's showing us the real life of good and bad and in the end, we still have the chance to decide who we are, who we were and who we wanna be. i know that life is cruel, and i've fought hard, so hard that inside of me was killing but at the same time i was becoming better. but then again, once you're settle your whole life to the point that you love everything about yourself and others around you, you feel like you're not prepare to let any of the luck or accomplishment to go away just yet, you wanna keep the glory forever. well... like i said before, nothing last forever, everything in life is only 'for now'.

'children keeps growing and river keeps flowing too, i don't know why but somehow or other they do, a hundred million miracles are happening everyday, and those who say they don't agree, are those who did not hear or see'.
so come on people, let's try changing for a start, it doesn't have to be big, just a smile could make such a big impact. let's change one self before we can together make a change to the world. Let's change for the better.

cheers
Shahila Johan
<3

No comments: